THE TRUTH ABOUT BERKELEY & ANN COULTER FAQs
Much information is being distributed about Young America’s Foundation and the events at Berkeley this week.
Please note, the university blocked every effort to provide a venue required to sponsor an educational event with Berkeley students.
At no time was there ever a space or lecture time confirmed for Ann to speak. Conservatives shouldn’t be relegated to speaking outside under the threat of violence when numerous liberal speakers are given venues at any time they wish.
We didn’t run. We stepped up and sued Berkeley and we paid for Ann to give a lecture, not just give a brief speech on Sproul Plaza among violent protestors.
We are moving ahead with our lawsuit to protect students First Amendment rights and ensure future conservative speakers do not face these obstacles when speaking at Berkeley.
- Young America’s Foundation’s Statement
- Washington Post Article Highlighting the Foundation’s Stance
- Todd Starnes on Fox News: YAF “battles with words and ideas, not baseball bats and switchblades.”
- Dinesh D’Souza: YAF “is fighting hard to open the doors for free speech.”
- Washington Examiner: In response to Berkeley, Rep. Sean Duffy asks Betsy DeVos to take action on taxpayer-funded campuses
- National Review: Ann Coulter needs to stop attacking the Young America’s Foundation
- The College Conservative: No, YAF didn’t abandon Coulter over UC Berkeley