Josh Hammer is opinion editor of Newsweek, of counsel at First Liberty Institute, a podcast contributor with BlazeTV and a syndicated columnist through Creators. A frequent pundit on political, legal and cultural issues, Josh is a constitutional attorney by training. Josh is known for his hard-hitting, unfiltered conservative takes.
An outspoken conservative, Josh opines on conservative intellectual trends, contemporary domestic and foreign policy debates, constitutional and legal issues, and the intersection of law, politics and culture. He has been published by many other leading outlets, including the Los Angeles Times, the New York Post, National Review, First Things, the Daily Wire, Fortune magazine, Jewish Telegraphic Agency, the Jewish Journal and the American Mind, the Claremont Institute’s online journal of conservative thought. Josh previously served as the editor-at-large of the Daily Wire. His first piece of legal scholarship, on the topic of judicial supremacy, was published in 2020 by the University of St. Thomas Law Journal.
Josh is a college campus speaker through Young America’s Foundation and a law school campus speaker through the Federalist Society. Prior to joining the Daily Wire, Josh worked at a large law firm and clerked for a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Josh has also served as a John Marshall Fellow with the Claremont Institute and as a law clerk for Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
Josh graduated from Duke University, where he majored in economics, and from the University of Chicago Law School. He lives in Dallas and is an active member of the State Bar of Texas.
- “Want To Save America? Restore The Constitution’s Original Meaning.”
- “Want To Save The Constitution? Crush The Judiciary.”
- “Conservatism And Libertarianism Are Not The Same Thing.”
- “Identity Politics Isn’t Just Bad. It’s Un-American.”
- “Socialism Killed 100 Million. Capitalism Is The Most Moral Economic System Ever.”
- “The Pro-Life Argument Is Very Simple. Here It Is.”
- “There Won’t Be Middle East Peace Until Palestinians Stop Their War On Israel.”
- “A Nation Without Secure Borders Is Not A Nation At All.”
- “Immigrants Assimilating Isn’t ‘Racist.’ It’s What Built America.”