Video Editor – Marketing and Social Media
Position: Video Editor – Marketing and Social Media
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters (Reston, Virginia) with remote possibilities
Mission: Young America’s Foundation (YAF) is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Senior Director of Marketing & Social Media
Job Summary: The Video Editor for Marketing & Social Media will be essential to growing the reach and engagement of YAF’s social media profiles, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by editing viral aggregate content as well as original YAF productions. The video editor will also be responsible for creating marketing videos for use in paid ads and website videos.
- Identify and create viral videos for social media using evergreen content from YAF events and trending online content
- Clip live streams in real time and edit videos into various formats and lengths
- Create compilations from viral content
- Edit original videos produced by YAF
- Create and edit marketing videos for YAF students and supporters
- Assist with YAF events, programs, and other tasks as necessary
- A strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people
- Passion for the Conservative Movement and YAF’s mission, programs, and history
- 2+ years in a video editing or assistant editing role
- Skilled in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or other video editing software
- Ability to color correct, adjust audio, and otherwise produce final cuts from raw footage
- Knowledge of After Effects or other animation software a plus
- Awareness of social media platforms and video requirements for each platform
- Ability to produce a heavy volume of content and work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
This is an in-office position based at YAF’s national headquarters in Reston, Virginia, with remote possibilities. Previous involvement with Young America’s Foundation is a plus.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Emily Butler, Senior Director of Marketing & Social Media
Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e. those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.