Program Officer – Reagan Ranch
Reports to: Conference Director / Director of the Reagan Ranch
Location: The Reagan Ranch Center, Santa Barbara, California
Young America’s Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
The ideal candidate will possess a well-founded knowledge of Conservative ideas and the Conservative Movement; a strong commitment to identifying, activating, and inspiring student leaders; and a commitment to preserving and sharing the legacy of Ronald Reagan.
The program officer will work in close collaboration with team members at the Reagan Ranch Center in Santa Barbara, California, as well as those at Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, and the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home in Dixon, Illinois, to recruit students for YAF programs, support YAF chapters, and encourage student activities on campus, with a particular emphasis on fostering conservative activism in Western States. The program officer will stay in close communication with students nationwide regarding opportunities for involvement at Young America’s Foundation and activism resources for use on their campuses.
The program officer will also work with YAF Conference Directors to facilitate student conferences and programs at the Reagan Ranch and the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home.
The applicant must be willing to travel. The program officer will work with the national team to encourage students to start YAF chapters, mentor California and other Western States chapters, and encourage activism. The Program Officer will conduct onsite coordination of select campus lectures.
The ideal candidate will have had previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation and experience running a conservative club on campus, as well as organizing on campus events and lectures. In addition, the candidate will also have experience working in an office environment either through an internship or other position.
Other important qualifications include: team-player, ability to manage multiple projects, able to take direction and at the same time work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills. Outstanding copy-editing skills are a plus.
- Recruit the best and brightest students in the Conservative Movement to become involved at Young America’s Foundation student conferences, local programs, and the Reagan Ranch Center internship program.
- Cultivate leaders in Young Americans for Freedom, provide excellent support to existing YAF chapters, and grow the number of YAF chapters in Western States.
- Build relationships with key student leaders and conservative contacts on the West Coast.
- Find creative ways to share the Reagan Ranch with increasing numbers students and to inspire them with President Reagan’s ideas and values.
- Maintain and update database of student leaders and ensure information is
- communicated to national staff.
- Utilize new and traditional outreach methods, including new media, to recruit
- students to Foundation programs. Work with national social media team to maintain and grow the Reagan Ranch Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
- Visit campuses to meet with conservative student leaders and recruit for programs.
- Work with Foundation team members at headquarters and the National Journalism Center on joint programs.
- Stay informed of current trends in the Conservative Movement as related to
- conservative activism.
- Write about select Foundation programs for the website and publications.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs.
- Energetic and passionate about student activism.
- Self-motivated, organized, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to comply with YAF policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member.
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description does not in any way alter the “at-will” employment relationship.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION: (incomplete applications will not be considered):
Please submit resume, references, and a cover letter to:
Andrew Coffin, Director of the Reagan Ranch, email@example.com
Patrick Coyle, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison Habersetzer, Conference Co-Director, email@example.com