Location: Reston, Virginia
Reports To: Vice President of Programs
- Managing, creating, and refining design and concepts of promotional material
- Ensuring the visual appearance of the organization in print and online is of the highest quality
- Developing marketing strategies under the guidance of the Foundation’s leadership
- Ability to handle multiple projects, from multiple departments
- Assist in building the Foundation’s presence in new media including on Twitter, Facebook and our blog, The New Guard, at yaf.org, by designing compelling graphics.
- Training and advising students on how to promote their Foundation-related events on their campuses and develop consistent branding.
- Working at/on and helping organize Foundation programs with the specific responsibility to ensure visual representation of events is high quality for television and photography.
- Interacting with students, friends, and supporters of the Foundation at all Foundation-related programs and events
The candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people. The ideal person will have had previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation programs and/or design experience with promoting an organization and events. Other qualifications: team-player, ability to manage multiple projects, able to take direction but also work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills. Outstanding copy editing skills are a plus. A car is strongly recommended.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a field related to graphic design
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Grasp of promotional and marketing strategies and concepts; eagerness to learn more if needed
- Well versed with computers; knowledge of both Mac and PC environments a plus
- Experience with video and/or audio production, including knowledge of Adobe creative suite programs, a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Application: Please submit a comprehensive resume with full work history and organization affiliations/involvement, references, salary history, and a cover letter to Patrick Coyle at email@example.com, fax 703-318-9122 or mail to: Young America’s Foundation, 11480 Commerce Park Drive, 6th floor, Reston, VA 20191 (candidates missing materials listed above will not be considered).