Location: Reston, Virginia
Reports To: Vice President of Programs
- Managing, creating, and refining design and concepts of promotional material
- Ensuring the visual appearance of the organization in print and online is of the highest quality
- Developing marketing strategies under the guidance of the Foundation’s leadership
- Ability to handle multiple projects, from multiple departments
- Assist in building the Foundation’s presence in new media including on Twitter, Facebook and our blog, The New Guard, at yaf.org, by designing compelling graphics.
- Training and advising students on how to promote their Foundation-related events on their campuses and develop consistent branding.
- Working at/on and helping organize Foundation programs with the specific responsibility to ensure visual representation of events is high quality for television and photography.
- Interacting with students, friends, and supporters of the Foundation at all Foundation-related programs and events
The candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people. The ideal person will have had previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation programs and/or design experience with promoting an organization and events. Other qualifications: team-player, ability to manage multiple projects, able to take direction but also work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills. Outstanding copy editing skills are a plus. A car is strongly recommended.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a field related to graphic design
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Grasp of promotional and marketing strategies and concepts; eagerness to learn more if needed
- Well versed with computers; knowledge of both Mac and PC environments a plus
- Experience with video and/or audio production, including knowledge of Adobe creative suite programs, a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Application: Please submit a comprehensive resume with full work history and organization affiliations/involvement, references, salary history, and a cover letter to Patrick Coyle at email@example.com, fax 703-318-9122 or mail to: Young America’s Foundation, 11480 Commerce Park Drive, 6th floor, Reston, VA 20191 (candidates missing materials listed above will not be considered).
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.