Program Officer for Marketing
Position: Program Officer for Marketing
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters (Reston, Virginia)
Mission: Young America’s Foundation (YAF) is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Senior Director of Marketing & Social Media
Job Summary: The program officer for marketing will take on a heavy volume of copywriting and email marketing to support the YAF marketing team. The program officer for marketing will also help manage marketing operations, assisting with strategy development for all campaigns and YAF products, including programs, development, website, and email.
- Write, build, and send marketing emails
- Assist with Mailchimp management and grow skills to become an expert in email marketing
- Organize and update the marketing calendar
- Create and update campaign briefs
- Assist with meetings and building agendas for the marketing team and campaign stakeholders to review campaign performance & strategy
- Work with supervisor to set deadlines and send reminders to social media team to execute posts and send links for performance evaluation
- Request, organize, and manage assets: copy, links, graphics, and videos
- Assist with YAF events, programs, and other tasks as necessary
- A strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people
- Passion for the Conservative Movement and YAF’s mission, programs, and history
- 1-2 years’ experience in marketing, copywriting, and project management
- Strong copywriting ability
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of html a plus
- Previous experience with MailChimp or other Email Service Provider software is a plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
This is an in-office position based at YAF’s national headquarters in Reston, Virginia. This is not a remote position. A car is strongly recommended. Previous involvement with Young America’s Foundation is a plus.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
Email cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Emily Butler, Senior Director of Marketing & Social Media Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e., those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.