Program Officer for Campus Advancement – Headquarters
Position: Program Officer for Campus Advancement
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters / Reston, Virginia
Mission: Young America’s Foundation (YAF) is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Vice President of Student Programs
Job Summary: Young America’s Foundation has an immediate opening for a program officer for campus advancement who will work with our team to build existing Young Americans for Freedom chapters and to help establish new chapters on campuses around the country. The candidate will also work with our program team to advance many of the Foundation’s campus lectures around the country to ensure the success of these events and attract the widest possible audience to these program.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the president, vice president, and the program team to ensure YAF provides the best student outreach and chapter services in the Conservative Movement.
- At the direction of YAF leadership, traveling to schools to introduce students to the Foundation’s mission.
- Meeting with existing Young Americans for Freedom chapters, the Foundation’s campus affiliate, and individual members, to provide on-the-ground training and campus activism support.
- Providing daily reports on outreach activity and records of success.
- Developing ongoing relationships with other existing conservative clubs and encouraging them to participate in Foundation programs.
- Investigating and documenting incidents of political correctness, violations of free speech, and liberal bias for possible stories to be included in the Foundation’s various publications.
- Developing relationships with supportive faculty and administration on campus.
- Sharing YAF success stories and advances on social media.
- Working at Foundation conferences and other student programs held around the country.
The candidate will be a self-starter and able to effectively prioritize and manage travel schedules. Frequent travel is required and a car is strongly recommended. The candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people. The ideal person will have previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation programs and/or experience of building an online following.
Other qualifications: team-player, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to take direction but also work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational and copyediting skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience running a conservative student club and hosting conservative events on campus.
- An understanding of activism strategies and concepts, and an eagerness to learn more.
- Familiarity with blog technology and active social media presence a plus.
- Ability to move and set up materials on campuses.
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, samples of previous work, professional references, and salary history to:
Patrick Coyle, Vice President
Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e. those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.