Program Officer for Digital Media
Young America’s Foundation has an immediate opening for a program officer to promote the Foundation’s mission and programs across digital media.
The ideal program officer will help develop effective online marketing strategies and online coverage of Foundation programs, including:
- Conferences & Seminars at the Reagan Ranch Center, YAF’s National Headquarters, and around the country
- Campus lectures
- Special events at YAF’s National Headquarters and nationwide
The program officer will work daily with Foundation leadership on strategic promotion of key events and day-to-day narratives. The program officer will highlight the Foundation’s involvement in promoting conservative ideas to young people and showcase our leadership in this field. The strategy pursued should enhance the Foundation’s brand(s) and increase student and supporter involvement by providing oversight across the following projects and digital properties:
- Young America’s Foundation (incl. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Young Americans for Freedom (incl. Facebook, Twitter)
- Rancho del Cielo (incl. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- The Reagan Ranch Center (incl. Facebook)
- The National Journalism Center (incl. Facebook, Twitter)
Young America’s Foundation is the principal outreach organization of the Conservative Movement, introducing thousands of young people to conservative ideas through our national conferences, campus lectures and activism programs, internships, and seminars at our national headquarters, the Reagan Ranch, and Reagan Ranch Center.
- Implementing Foundation-wide digital strategy to ensure maximum positive Foundation exposure.
- Crafting social media posts, creating engaging graphics, and writing email communications to students, supporters, and key allies in the Conservative Movement.
- Growing and maintaining the Foundation’s online reach by enacting an aggressive, consistent posting schedule with varying content types.
- Utilizing original stories and news posted to The New Guard to drive traffic to YAF.org and our blog, in addition to building the Foundation’s presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
- Training and advising students on how to promote their Foundation-related events on their campuses via digital media.
- Staying informed of current digital trends in the Conservative Movement and the larger business community.
- Working at/on and helping organize Foundation programs, ensuring digital coverage of events is high quality, engaging, and motivating.
- Providing digital coverage of selected key campus lectures.
- Interacting with students, friends, and supporters of the Foundation at all Foundation-related programs and events.
- Collaborating with vendors to ensure consistent, on-brand content across digital media assets.
- Conducting consistent optimization and analysis to improve content and marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to communications and marketing.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, prominent social and digital media tools including but not limited to MailChimp, Facebook Business Manager, and WordPress.
- Grasp of promotional and marketing strategies and concepts; eagerness to learn more if needed.
- Well-versed with computers; knowledge of both Mac and PC environments a plus.
- Past involvement with Foundation programs a plus.
- Experience with graphic design and video and/or audio production a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people via digital media. The ideal person will have had previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation programs and/or digital or other marketing experience in promoting an organization and events online. Other qualifications: team-player, ability to manage multiple projects, able to take direction but also work independently. Applicant must have excellent written and organizational skills. Outstanding copyediting skills are a plus. Send cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to Patrick Coyle at email@example.com, fax 703-318-9122, or mail to: Young America’s Foundation, 11480 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 600, Reston, VA 20191. Incomplete applications will not be considered.