Program Officer – Chapter Services, Young Americans for Freedom
Position: Program Officer – Chapter Services, Young Americans for Freedom
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters / Reston, Virginia
Mission: Young America’s Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Vice President of Student Programs
Job Summary: Young Americans for Freedom (YAF), the chapter affiliate of Young America’s Foundation, helps students start and run chapters on college and high school campuses to boldly advance conservatism. We pride ourselves on offering the leading chapter services to help YAF chapters become effective conservative organizations on campuses.
Young America’s Foundation has seen exciting growth in YAF chapters across the country, and we are looking for a program officer to join our team to help strengthen and grow YAF nationwide.
We are seeking a team member who can utilize Young America’s Foundation’s contacts on more than 2,000 campuses to build on the more than 400 YAF chapters that currently operate around the country. The applicant will have a desire for developing key relationships with student activists, provide ongoing advice and guidance to chapter leaders, and stay current on new and effective outreach methods to attract the best campus activists.
The ideal candidate will coordinate all aspects of building YAF chapters, including student outreach, following up on inquiries, maintaining frequent contact with existing chapters, promoting Foundation projects, organizing training sessions for YAF leaders, and reporting on current YAF activities.
The program officer will work with YAF’s leadership to continually review our outreach methods and services to ensure YAF chapters are provided with the best resources in the Conservative Movement.
- Work with the leadership of Young America’s Foundation to coordinate the formation of YAF chapters and ensure they excel on their respective campuses.
- Maintain organized database that tracks progress of all chapters.
- Communicate the success of YAF chapters through social media, including the Foundation’s website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Participate in Foundation and other conservative conferences to communicate the benefits of YAF chapters to participants.
- Utilize new outreach methods and visual media to recruit students to form YAF chapters.
- Speak at Foundation conferences and training seminars on campus activism.
- Visit select campuses to meet with chapter leadership.
- Work with Foundation team members at YAF national headquarters, YAF’s Capitol Hill Townhouse, YAF’s Center for Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise, the Reagan Ranch Center, the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home, and the National Journalism Center on joint programs.
- Stay informed of current trends in the Conservative Movement as they relate to conservative activism.
- Report on YAF activities for the Foundation’s website and publications.
The ideal candidate will have had previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation and/or YAF programs and experience running a club on campus. The candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people. In addition, the ideal candidate will also have experience working in an office environment either through an internship or other position.
Other qualifications: team-player, self-starter, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to take direction and work independently.
Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills. Outstanding copyediting and public speaking skills are a plus. A car is required.
Please note, remote work is not an option.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar programs
- A strong grasp of promotional and marketing strategies and concepts; eagerness to learn more if needed.
- Knowledge of and use of new media technology
- This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
- Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Patrick Coyle, Vice President
Young America’s Foundation
email@example.com | 800-USA-1776
*Incomplete applications (i.e. those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.