Location: Reston, Virginia
- At the direction of Foundation leadership, traveling to schools to introduce students to the Foundation’s mission.
- Meeting with existing Young Americans for Freedom chapters, the Foundation’s campus affiliate, to provide on-the-ground training and campus activism support.
- Providing daily reports on outreach activity and records of success.
- Developing ongoing relationships with other existing conservative clubs and encouraging them to participate in Foundation programs.
- Investigating and documenting incidents of political correctness, violations of free speech, and liberal bias for possible stories to be included in the Foundation’s various publications.
- Developing relationships with supportive faculty on campus.
- Sharing Foundation success stories and advances on social media.
- Working at Foundation conferences and other student programs held around the country
The candidate will be a self-starter and will be able to effectively prioritize and manage travel schedules. Frequent travel is required. Other desired qualifications: team-player, well-organized, ability to manage multiple projects, able to take direction but also work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, writing, and organizational skills. Outstanding copyediting skills are a plus. A car is strongly recommended.
Requirement: Bachelor’s degree Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or similar programs Grasp of activism strategies and concepts; eagerness to learn more if needed ; Familiarity with blog technology Active social media presence a plus
Application: Please submit a comprehensive resume with full work history and organization affiliations/involvement, references, salary history, and a cover letter to Patrick Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 703-318-9122 or mail to: Young America’s Foundation, 11480 Commerce Park Drive, 6th floor, Reston, VA 20191 (candidates missing materials listed above will not be considered).
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.