Program Assistant for Alumni
Position: Program Assistant for Alumni
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters / Reston, Virginia
Mission: Young America’s Foundation (YAF) is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Vice President of Student Programs
Job Summary: The program assistant for alumni will assist the Vice President of Student Programs with growing the Foundation’s extensive alumni network. The program assistant will work to help schedule and plan alumni events around the country.
The program assistant will report to the vice president of student programs for Young America’s Foundation and work in close collaboration with all team members at Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, at the Reagan Ranch Center (Santa Barbara, California) and the Reagan Boyhood Home (Dixon, IL).
The ideal candidate will have relatively recent involvement with Young America’s Foundation and/or Young Americans for Freedom. Other important qualifications include: team-player, ability to manage multiple projects, able to take direction and at the same time work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills.
- Working with Foundation leadership to achieve the goals of engaging and re-activating alumni of Young America’s Foundation programs.
- Assisting the vice president of programs to coordinate stand-alone events for YAF alumni around the country
- Recruiting alumni to attend various Foundation programs nationwide
- Helping maintain enthusiastic and consistent communication with students and alumni
- Researching and tracking down alumni who have lost touch with YAF
- Ensuring alumni database is continually updated with the latest information on Foundation graduates
- Working with the program team at select YAF student conferences and campus lectures around the country
- Drafting reports and articles to share the stories and accomplishments of key YAF alumni
The candidate will be a self-starter and able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple events and tasks. Regular travel is required and a car is strongly recommended. The candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people. The ideal person will have previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation programs.
Other qualifications: team-player, ability to take direction but also work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational and copyediting skills.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- Proven success hosting a YAF-sponsored campus lecture or activism project, as a student, is a plus
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize social media effectively is a plus
- Preference given to candidates with history of activity in our programs
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
This is an in-office position based at YAF’s national headquarters in Reston, Virginia. This is not a remote position.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Patrick Coyle, Vice President
Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e. those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.