Program Assistant at Headquarters
Position: Program Assistant, Young America’s Foundation
Location: Reston, Virginia
The program assistant will play an important role in the Foundation’s efforts to introduce high school and college students to conservative ideas. As the principal outreach organization of the Conservative Movement, YAF leverages its robust campus lecture program and essential conferences to inspire thousands of students, annually, with the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
The program assistant will work in close collaboration with program team members at Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, as well as with those at the Reagan Ranch Center (Santa Barbara, California). The program assistant will report directly to the Vice President of Young America’s Foundation.
- Assisting coordinate successful campus lectures, conferences, and activism projects held around the country;
- Meeting with existing Young Americans for Freedom chapters—the Foundation’s campus affiliate—and other conservative groups to provide on-the-ground training and support for campus lectures and student activism projects;
- Maintaining enthusiastic and consistent communication with students;
- Drafting reports and documenting YAF-sponsored campus lectures and events;
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs;
- Proven success hosting a YAF-sponsored campus lecture or activism project, as a student, is a plus;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible;
- Must be detail oriented and organized;
- Must be willing to travel;
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to utilize social media effectively is a plus;
- Preference given to candidates with history of activity in our programs.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Application: Please submit a cover letter, résumé, professional references, and salary history to:
Patrick Coyle, Vice President & Executive Director of Young Americans for Freedom
Young America’s Foundation
11480 Commerce Park Drive, 6th Floor
Reston, Virginia 20191
*Incomplete applications (i.e. those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.