Middle School Program Director
Position: Middle School Program Director
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters (Reston, Virginia) or The Reagan Ranch Center (Santa Barbara, California)
Mission: Young America’s Foundation (YAF) is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: President, Vice President of Student Programs, and Vice President & Director of the Reagan Ranch
Job Summary: YAF is broadening our programmatic reach to include middle school students — in addition to high school and college students. The Middle School Program Director will develop, implement, and manage YAF’s conservative programs, training, and resources for middle school students.
The Middle School Program Director will collaborate closely with all team members at Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, at the Reagan Ranch Center (Santa Barbara, California) and the Reagan Boyhood Home (Dixon, IL).
The ideal candidate will have experience working with middle school students and parents in an educational setting or organization.
- Working with Foundation leadership to achieve the goals of all Young America’s Foundation programs
- Planning, developing, and implementing a curriculum that advances the Foundation’s agenda and inspires middle school students with conservative ideas
- Working with the Foundation leadership to develop topical multi-media materials for middle school students
- Developing relationships with conservative educators and writers who could, potentially, provide content for various YAF middle school materials
- In conjunction with YAF’s program team, creating and coordinating day-long and multi-day middle school student programs featuring age-appropriate speakers and content
- Collaborating with middle school parents to help create, improve, and implement programs, trainings, and resources that introduce middle school students to the Conservative Movement, as well as providing resources and engagement opportunities for parents and families
- Coordinating with YAF’s staff at the Reagan-related properties (including the Reagan Ranch and Reagan Boyhood Home) to develop age-appropriate student tours and programs at these historic, Presidential homes
- Working with the YAF’s marketing and communications teams and outside vendors to create a marketing plan which brings national attention to YAF’s expansion to middle school programs
- Reaching out to key organizations, including private and home school associations, to help recruit middle school students to YAF’s programs
- Maintaining enthusiastic and consistent communication with YAF’s staff, students, and parents
- Working with the program team at select YAF student conferences and campus lectures around the country
- Drafting reports and articles to share the stories and accomplishments of YAF’s middle school programs and alumni
- Conducting regular evaluations of middle school programs to ensure they advance YAF’s mission
- Researching and reviewing trends in middle school education for possible use in YAF’s programs
The candidate will be a self-starter and able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple events and tasks. Occasional travel will be required, and a car is strongly recommended.
The candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people. The ideal person will have previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation programs.
Other qualifications: team player with the ability to take direction and work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, organizational, and copyediting skills.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize social media effectively is a plus
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
This is an in-office position. This is not a remote position.This is not a remote position. The candidate is required to work full-time in either YAF’s Reagan Ranch Center office in Santa Barbara, California, or National Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, as well as traveling for regional programs and student outreach to various locations across the country.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Patrick Coyle, Vice President
Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e., those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.