Position: IT Technician | Computer Support Specialist
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters | Reston, Virginia
Mission: Young America’s Foundation (YAF) is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Director of Information Technology (IT)
Job Summary: The IT technician is responsible for day-to-day technical support at Young America’s Foundation’s national headquarters. Key tasks included installing and maintaining Apple and PC computers, Xerox and HP printers, ESI phone system, and other IT areas as assigned.
- Ordering computers, printers, and software specific programs as necessary
- Setting up computers and laptops for employees
- Assisting with the management of MAC and PC operating systems
- Troubleshooting computer and network technical issues when they occur, including after hours and on weekends
- Coordinating services with IT vendors
- Organizing and maintaining server room
- Working with the IT Director on key projects as assigned
- Assisting with AV and technical operations at YAF’s national headquarters, including preparing for and managing on-site events and meetings which require IT and AV assistance (video and PowerPoint presentations, Zoom conferencing, etc)
- Assisting with regular IT maintenance (including email, website, and servers) as needed at YAF’s national headquarters
Specific physical demands that relate directly to the essential job duties and responsibilities include:
- Frequently moves computers and printers weighing 5-50 pounds
- Moving and storing of older equipment
Education: Bachelor degree in IT or certification in Information Technology. Computer Service Technician (CST), Certified Network Computer Technician (CNCT), etc.
Environment: Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure, Active Directory/Azure AD, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Intune, Meraki firewall, Synology NAS, Artic Wolf Cybersecurity, PC’s and MAC’s
- Ability to take direction but also work independently
- Applicant must have excellent oral, written and organizational skills
This is an in-office position based at YAF’s national headquarters in Reston, Virginia. This is not a remote position. Light travel is a possibility.
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Jessica Jensen, Vice President & Chief of Staff
Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e., those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.