Event Coordinator – Reagan Ranch
Reports to: Director of the Reagan Ranch
Location: The Reagan Ranch Center, Santa Barbara, California
Young America’s Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
The Event Coordinator will oversee the planning and execution of events at the Reagan Ranch Center and Rancho del Cielo in Santa Barbara, California. The Event Coordinator will work with both the programs and development teams to ensure that Young America’s Foundation consistently hosts the best and most memorable events in the Conservative Movement. Event Coordinator duties include presenting and promoting the mission of Young America’s Foundation through the organization of memorable and effective events, creating compelling visual elements, and coordinating successful student, supporter, and public outreach initiatives at the Reagan Ranch Center.
Duties will include:
- Developing a creative vision for YAF events in Santa Barbara from start to finish, using invitations, event structure, visual elements, and event materials to craft a compelling narrative that inspires deeper engagement with YAF, the Reagan Ranch, and the Conservative Movement.
- Creating memorable experiences for all guests visiting the Reagan Ranch and Reagan Ranch Center.
- Working in conjunction with the Director, along with student program and development teams to organize and manage events, from creating a timeline, communicating with vendors, designing invitations, and other logistical details.
- Managing vendor and staff assignments and responsibilities prior to and during events, as well as the overall feel and look of the event materials and décor.
- Assisting with coordinating invited speakers, managing book signings, staging photo lines, and arranging interviews.
- Coordinating with outside groups hosted at the Reagan Ranch Center to ensure guests have world class experiences at the Reagan Ranch.
- Arranging special preparations for VIP Ranch tours.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs.
- College degree.
- Energetic and passionate about event planning.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and flexible.
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Graphic design experience is a plus!
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to comply with YAF policies, procedures and practices.
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description does not in any way alter the “at-will” employment relationship.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION: (incomplete applications will not be considered):