The Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the financial management of Young America’s Foundation under the direction of its president. The Director of Finance works with the Foundation’s leadership to advance the organization’s mission and long-term goals. Please note that this position is based in Reston, VA and remote work is not an option.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- General ledger management and maintenance
- Manage finance department staff, which currently includes a senior staff account and staff accountants
- Daily monitoring of cash flow and reserves for operational and capital expenditure needs
- Compile, prepare, and present annual budget to the Board of Directors
- Maintain working relationships with banking partners, investment account managers and brokers, and representatives of retirement account platform
- Maintain working relationship with insurance broker(s), assessing risk management needs, appropriate coverage limits, and types of policies
- Process receipts, pledges, and credit cards on a routine basis
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare annual Form 990 and audited financial statements
- Oversee auditor data and record requests transparently and promptly to ensure a clean and accurate independent annual audit of the foundation’s financial records
- Provide financial oversight of all YAF-owned and operated property and facilities
- Bi-weekly processing of payroll and quarterly tax filings
- Manage and review medical/dental insurance plan offerings and analysis of cost share and/or containment
- Oversee finance and accounting infrastructure, including banking interfaces, accounting database management and software, and workflow management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years accounting experience in public accounting firm, private sector, or not-for-profit. CPA or a comparable degree preferred.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- Commitment to life-long learning and continuing education in the finance field as it pertains to non-profit organizations
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member
- Willing to work full-time from YAF’s national headquarters (not remotely)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your interest in this position, b) your interest in/commitment to the mission of Young American’s Foundation c) salary requirements
- Professional references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: http://www.talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.