Program Officer – Digital Media
Position: Program Officer for Digital Media
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters / Reston, Virginia
Mission: Young America’s Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Vice President of Student Programs
Job Summary: Young America’s Foundation has an immediate opening for a program officer for digital media with experience engaging and cultivating audiences across multiple platforms. The program officer will have experience using a data-driven approach to build Young America’s Foundation’s digital following and effectively communicate our message.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the president, vice president, and the program team to manage and produce content across multiple platforms including YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitch, among others. The program officer will proactively create content that appeals to the Foundation’s audience based on algorithmic data.
The program officer will also work with the rest of the YAF team to showcase the impact of the Foundation’s student programs and other events and initiatives.
- Work with the Foundation leadership to develop strategies to build the Foundation’s following across all platforms.
- Use analytical data to craft effective messaging.
- Work with the YAF team to publish timely, rapid response content when related to the Foundation’s mission.
- Utilize YAF-related stories from the Foundation’s blog, the New Guard, to drive traffic.
- Design posts for publication across all platforms.
- Work with the team to report on Foundation campus programs and conferences before, during, and after these events
- Train and advise students on how to promote their Foundation-related events on their campuses
- Staying informed of current digital trends in the Conservative Movement and the greater business community
- Assist with in-person Foundation programs, both at schools and at conferences, meeting with students and cultivating contacts
The candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people. The ideal person will have previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation programs and/or experience of building an online following.
Other qualifications: team-player, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to take direction but also work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational and copyediting skills. A car is strongly recommended.
Please note, remote work is not an option.
- Two to three years of experience in a similar role (Those with less experience, but have a proven track record can be considered)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a field related to journalism, political science, communications, marketing, and public relations.
- Interest in developing conservative content directed towards young people.
- Experience with the Adobe creative suite and video editing
- Deep understanding of how to leverage analytic tools to maximize value and growth including familiarity with CrowdTangle, NewsWhip Spike, SocialFlow, Chartbeat, and others.
- Experience in designing graphics for social media
- Knowledge of WordPress and digital marketing platforms to manage an online publishing workflow
- Previous experience in creating rapid response content
- Familiarity with media monitoring tools.
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, samples of previous work, professional references, and salary history to:
Patrick Coyle, Vice President
Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e. those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.