Development Officer at Headquarters
Location: Reston, Virginia
Responsibilities: The development officer would receive training from the Institute for Charitable Giving programs and by the director of development to perform the following duties:
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects in all aspects of the gift cycle: -Initiate contact with current and potential major gift donors -Develop appropriate cultivation strategies (home visits, Ranch visits, correspondence, event participation, etc.) -Move donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation -Make solicitations when appropriate -Provide high level of quality stewardship after the gift
- Report the status and progress of an assigned list of supporters
- Ensure that a comprehensive and informative visit report is timely filed for all donor contacts
- Work with the overall development team to ensure supporter events, including Rawhide Circle Retreats, President’s Club events, and other supporter events, reach the maximum financial potential for Young America’s Foundation
- Provide other members of the Foundation development team with support including research.
- Fulfill supporters’ recognition wishes of naming opportunities throughout the organization.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible
- Ability to create excitement and energy around the Young America’s Foundation’s programs and encourage others to support the organization
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop donor centered relationships between the donor and the Foundation
- Persuasive, persistent, and determined in the pursuit of the organization’s fundraising goals
- Committed to ongoing education and training in the development field
- Must be willing to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Preference given to candidates with history of activity in our programs
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Application: Please submit a comprehensive resume with full work history and organization affiliations/involvement, references, salary history, and a cover letter to Jason Barbour at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 703-318-9122 or mail to: Young America’s Foundation, 11480 Commerce Park Drive, 6th floor, Reston, VA 20191 (candidates missing materials listed above will not be considered).
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.