Position: Development Assistant
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s Reagan Ranch Center | Santa Barbara, California
Reports To: Reagan Ranch Director of Donor Relations
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Mission: Young America’s Foundation (YAF) is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Young America’s Foundation preserves the Reagan Ranch in Santa Barbara, California, and the Reagan Boyhood Home in Dixon, Illinois, as premier Presidential properties and sites to inspire America’s future leaders and teach the lessons of Ronald Reagan’s Presidency.
The Reagan Ranch Center in downtown Santa Barbara is a “Schoolhouse for Reaganism” where young and old alike can visit and learn more about one of America’s greatest presidents.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with all aspects of the development process at the Reagan Ranch Center, including research, writing, and stewardship projects that support relationship building and major gifts fundraising.
- Helping to create memorable experiences for all supporters and potential supporters visiting the Reagan Ranch and Reagan Ranch Center.
- Writing, editing, and designing proposals, reports, and other presentation materials for key supporters.
- Writing event reports and articles for YAF publications.
- Assisting with supporter communications, including thank you notes and Reagan Ranch visit requests.
- Assisting with thank you calls, event RSVPs, and other general supporter inquiries.
- Working with outside vendors to create memorable gifts that reinforce the impact of support for YAF and affinity for the organization.
- Providing background research ahead of Ranch tours, home and office donor visits, and events.
- Learning the history of Rancho del Cielo and leading occasional Ranch tours.
- Assisting with supporter events, including event marketing, execution, and follow-up.
- Assist with day-to-day office duties as necessary.
Specific physical demands that relate directly to the essential job duties and responsibilities include:
Frequently moving to accomplish tasks in various environments, including outdoor trails covering uneven terrain, as well as confined spaces
- Frequently moves boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various office and special events needs
- Occasionally operating motor vehicles in both urban and rural environments, with the latter sometimes involving uneven, unpaved roads and mountain trails
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- Energetic and passionate supporter relationship building and proper gift stewardship
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and flexible
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Some graphic design experience is preferred but not required
- An excellent customer service mindset
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Willingness to comply with YAF policies, procedures, and practices
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
This is a full-time position at YAF’s Reagan Ranch Center in Santa Barbara, California. This is not a remote work position.
Pay Scale: The salary range that YAF reasonably expects to pay for this position is $26-$30/hour.
Email cover letter, resume, and professional references, to:
Adam Ochs, Reagan Ranch Director of Donor Relations
Andrew Coffin, Director of the Reagan Ranch & Vice President of Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications, such as those failing to address the duties and qualifications set forth herein, or indicating “references upon request,” will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we can only contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.