Associate General Counsel
Location: National Headquarters, Reston, Virginia
Opening: Young America’s Foundation’s Associate General Counsel works with the General Counsel to ensure compliance and sound practices in all aspects of the Foundation’s activities.
Responsibilities: (include, but are not limited to):
- Advising on matters of corporate governance, finance, contracts, insurance, risk management, real estate, and employment law matters;
- Reviewing, negotiating, and drafting various contracts and agreements;
- With the assistance of outside counsel and under the direction of General Counsel, maintaining the organization’s employee handbook and providing advice on human resources matters including DOL compliance;
- Managing the Foundation’s trademark portfolio and advising on issues related to intellectual property including licensing of images;
- Creating staff-wide policies and procedures for a variety of legal issues;
- Assisting in maintaining compliance with IRS and state tax authorities.
- Admission to the practice of law in a U.S. state, territory, or D.C.
- A minimum of 2 years of legal experience as a licensed attorney
- If not licensed to practice in Virginia, eligible for either Corporate Counsel Limited Admission or Corporate Counsel Registration under the Rules of the Supreme Court of Virginia Part 1A, Rule 1A:5
- Experience in employment law or exempt organizations, or as in-house counsel at a corporation or 501(c)(3) is desirable but not required
- Strong research skills and demonstrated ability to understand complex legal concepts and offer succinct explanation to counsel and colleagues
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing conservative ideals is essential
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application: Please submit a comprehensive resume with full work history and organization affiliations/involvement, references, salary history, and a cover letter to Vic Bernson at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 703-318-9122 or mail to: Young America’s Foundation, 11480 Commerce Park Drive, 6th floor, Reston, VA 20191 (candidates missing materials listed above will not be considered).
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. Young America’s Foundation reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description does not in any way alter the “at-will” employment relationship.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.