Associate Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise
Position: Associate Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters / Reston, Virginia
Opening: Early July 2021
Mission: Young America’s Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Vice President & Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise
Job Summary: Young America’s Foundation has an opening (with a start date of early July 2021) for an associate director of YAF’s Center for Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise. The associate director will work with the director and broader YAF team to organize high-quality free market programs and initiatives for students across America. These include nationwide free enterprise campus lectures, conferences and seminars, educational materials, digital programs, and more.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for advancing free enterprise among young people, have had previous involvement in YAF programs or the Conservative Movement, and be comfortable working in an environment that promotes traditional values and a strong national defense.
The associate director will also work with YAF’s program and development teams to expand the work and impact of the Center for Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise.
• Supporting the director with organizing successful CEFE conferences and seminars.
• Supporting YAF students and other campus partners in hosting free enterprise campus lectures.
• Building relationships with students and speakers who participate in CEFE programs and integrating them into YAF’s overall network.
• Marketing CEFE to new students, speakers, and supporters.
• Managing the administrative aspects of CEFE, including correspondence, editing, and scheduling.
• Working with YAF’s program team to expand CEFE’s reach among students, faculty, alumni, and the media.
• Working with YAF’s development team to ensure strong financial positioning and stewardship of CEFE’s activities.
• Preparing reports on CEFE activities for the broader YAF team, supporters, and key stakeholders.
• Speaking at CEFE and general YAF programs.
• Interacting with students, alumni, allies, and supporters at all YAF-related programs and events.
Other important qualifications include: integrity, resourcefulness, responsiveness, excellent organizational skills, willingness to travel, and strong communication skills, including writing, editing, and public speaking.
Please note that remote work is not an option.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, business, or a related field.
• Familiarity with key free market economists, writers, and leaders.
• Understanding of contemporary economic policy issues and debates.
• Experience organizing events and campus activities through involvement with YAF or another Conservative Movement organization.
• Experience recruiting and/or training student activists.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar programs.
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Vice President & Director, Center for
Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise
*Incomplete applications (i.e., those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.