Assistant to the Office of the President
Location: Reston, Virginia
Mission: Young America’s Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: President and Vice President & Chief of Staff
Job Summary: The assistant to the office of the president is an administrative member of the Young America’s Foundation’s (YAF) team—which includes staff at the Foundation’s NationalHeadquarters in Reston, Virginia, and at the Foundation’s Reagan Ranch Center in Santa Barbara, California.
The assistant will work directly with the president and vice president/chief of staff of Young America’s Foundation and assist with day-to-day operations within the office of the president.
This team member will provide support in key areas of the Foundation, including assisting with development and programs.
Note: Remote work is not an option for this position. A car is strongly recommended.
- Schedule and manage travel arrangements for the president, ensuring all necessary details accounted for
- Initiate regular written letters and communications with donors, producing regular correspondence on behalf of the president
- Follow up with scheduling and meeting requests for the president
- Assist with development-related tasks, including but not limited to: donor research, drafting proposals, event coordination and assistance, and creating and coordinating communication from the president to YAF donors
- Assist the vice president/chief of staff with scheduling and written communications as needed
- Manage administrative tasks, including mailings and communications with key Foundation allies
- Assist with YAF events as necessary
- Assist the vice president/chief of staff with various office tasks as needed, including facilities management at the Foundation’s national headquarters
- Assist the vice president/chief of staff with planning and orchestrating of the Foundation’s board and team meetings
- Previous (2+ years) scheduling experience, particularly with executive and senior staff
- Previous (1+ years) office experience in the Conservative Movement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent editing abilities
- Proficiency in Google Calendars, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of and willingness to embrace the “moves management” system of donor centered, relationship building fundraising
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible
- Committed to ongoing education and training
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Jessica Jensen, Vice President & Chief of Staff
Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e. those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.