Program Assistant for YAF Membership
Position: Program Assistant for YAF Membership
Location: Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters / Reston, Virginia
Mission: Young America’s Foundation (YAF) is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
Reports To: Vice President of Student Programs and Director of Membership
Job Summary: The program assistant will play an important role in the Foundation’s efforts to introduce middle school, high school, and college students to conservative ideas. As the principal outreach organization of the Conservative Movement, YAF leverages its robust campus lecture program and essential conferences to inspire thousands of students annually with the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
The program assistant will work to help grow YAF’s individual and chapter membership across the country and coordinate with program team members at Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, the Reagan Ranch Center (Santa Barbara, California), and at the Reagan Boyhood Home (Dixon, Illinois). The program assistant will strive to provide the best student services in the Conservative Movement.
- Working directly with Foundation leadership to achieve the goals of increasing YAF membership across the country
- Handling questions and information requests regarding student membership
- Processing membership applications, renewals, and cancelations
- Regularly updating and maintaining student records in YAF’s database
- Assisting with developing and implementing strategies to recruit new members
- Preparing and mailing membership packets and fulfilling other requests
- Assisting with organizing events and activities at YAF conferences for existing members
- Helping create and develop unique resources and materials to engage and attract members
- Maintaining enthusiastic and consistent communication with students
- Working with the program team at select YAF student conferences and campus lectures around the country
- Drafting reports and documenting YAF-sponsored campus lectures and events for YAF’s program and development teams
The candidate will be a self-starter and able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple events and tasks. Travel is required, and a car is strongly recommended. The candidate will have a strong interest in promoting conservative ideas to young people. The ideal person will have previous involvement in Young America’s Foundation programs.
Other qualifications: team-player, ability to take direction but also work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, organizational, and copyediting skills.
Specific physical demands that relate directly to the essential job duties and responsibilities include:
- Frequently moves boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various office and special events needs
- The ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and occasionally to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- The ideal candidate will have proven success hosting a YAF-sponsored campus lecture or activism project
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize social media effectively is a plus
- Preference is given to candidates with a history of activity in our programs
This is an in-office position based at YAF’s national headquarters in Reston, Virginia. This is not a remote position.
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned. YAF reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
E-mail cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Patrick Coyle, Vice President
Young America’s Foundation
*Incomplete applications (i.e., those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only complete and direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.