* The home will be closed to the public on October 12 to accommodate local elementary school tours. *
Open to the public March 29 – December 17
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Saturday: Open to Public
Tours begin on the hour with the last tour leaving at 3:00 p.m.
Group tours may be scheduled outside of listed times. Please contact us for more.
Visiting the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home
Admission is $8 for adults and free for all students, teachers, LEO’s, Fire, EMS professionals, and active and retired military.
Admission consists of a pre-tour film that details President Reagan’s family and environment in the 1920 and 30’s and the docent-guided tour of his boyhood home.
Tours take approximately one hour.
Visitors may use our parking lot located on the corner of S Galena Ave and W 9th St. Additionally, there is free and convenient motor coach parking with easy access for travelers leaving and entering the coach in front of our park on S Hennepin Ave.
We are always seeking inspiring and motivated individuals who would like to leave a lasting impression on visitors and instill them with the stories and values that shaped President Reagan into the man we all know and love.
If you or someone you know would like to become a docent or volunteer at the Reagan Boyhood Home, please contact us and let us know about your interests.
- On October 6, we welcome Mayor Jeal from Grantham, England, birthplace of Margaret Thatcher.
- On October 12, Madison Elementary School visits the Reagan Boyhood Home as part of Dixon’s architecture tour program. The office will be closed to the public this day.
- During Fall, please stop by to enjoy our fall decorations and our new exhibits being installed.
- During December, please enjoy President Reagan’s boyhood home as it dawns traditional Christmas decorations from 1920’s Midwestern homes.