Open to the public March 29 – December 17
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Saturday: Open to Public
Tours begin on the hour with the last tour leaving at 3:00 p.m.
CLOSED: November 22-26, Thanksgiving
Group tours and special events may be scheduled outside of listed times. Please contact us for more.
Visiting the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home
Admission is $8 for adults and free for all students, teachers, LEOs, Fire, EMS professionals, and active and retired military.
Admission consists of a pre-tour film that details President Reagan’s family and environment in the 1920 and 30’s and the docent-guided tour of his boyhood home.
Tours take approximately one hour.
Visitors may use our parking lot located on the corner of S Galena Ave and W 9th St. Additionally, there is free and convenient motor coach parking with easy access for travelers leaving and entering the coach in front of our park on S Hennepin Ave.
We are always seeking inspiring and motivated individuals who would like to leave a lasting impression on visitors and instill them with the stories and values that shaped President Reagan into the man we all know and love.
If you or someone you know would like to become a docent or volunteer at the Reagan Boyhood Home, please contact us and let us know about your interests.
- We will be closed on November 21-26
- Throughout this season, YAF is in the process of installing new and exciting exhibits in the Visitor Center to help visitor more about young Ronald Reagan’s life in Illinois, the people who helped shape him, and his relationship with YAF.
- During Fall, please stop by to enjoy our fall decorations and our new exhibits being installed.
- During December, please enjoy President Reagan’s boyhood home as it dawns traditional Christmas decorations from 1920’s Midwestern homes.
- On December 17, free pictures with Santa from 1-4 PM at Ronald Reagan’s childhood home. Stop by for light Christmas refreshments and snag a professional picture for the grandparents of your child with Santa Claus in a 1920s setting.