Development Officer at Headquarters
Location: Reston, Virginia
Responsibilities: The development officer would receive training from the Institute for Charitable Giving programs and by the director of development to perform the following duties:
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects in all aspects of the gift cycle: -Initiate contact with current and potential major gift donors -Develop appropriate cultivation strategies (home visits, Ranch visits, correspondence, event participation, etc.) -Move donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation -Make solicitations when appropriate -Provide high level of quality stewardship after the gift
- Report the status and progress of an assigned list of supporters
- Ensure that a comprehensive and informative visit report is timely filed for all donor contacts
- Work with the overall development team to ensure supporter events, including Rawhide Circle Retreats, President’s Club events, and other supporter events, reach the maximum financial potential for Young America’s Foundation
- Provide other members of the Foundation development team with support including research.
- Fulfill supporters’ recognition wishes of naming opportunities throughout the organization.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible
- Ability to create excitement and energy around the Young America’s Foundation’s programs and encourage others to support the organization
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop donor centered relationships between the donor and the Foundation
- Persuasive, persistent, and determined in the pursuit of the organization’s fundraising goals
- Committed to ongoing education and training in the development field
- Must be willing to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Preference given to candidates with history of activity in our programs
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Application: Please submit a comprehensive resume with full work history and organization affiliations/involvement, references, salary history, and a cover letter to Jason Barbour at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 703-318-9122 or mail to: Young America’s Foundation, 11480 Commerce Park Drive, 6th floor, Reston, VA 20191 (candidates missing materials listed above will not be considered).