Associate Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise
Position: Associate Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise
Location: Reston, Virginia
The associate director of Young America’s Foundation’s Center for Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise (CEFE) will assist in our efforts to provide quality free enterprise programs to college and high school students. These may include working with the Center’s director to support the Center’s programmatic efforts to administer a nation-wide campus free enterprise lecture program; organize and conduct seminars; identify and partner with allies in the collegiate and business communities; develop and distribute educational materials to students; and evaluate the effectiveness of all such activities.
The associate director will work with the director to plan, execute, and expand the programs of the Center for Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise. Tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting the director with organizing successful CEFE seminars at our national headquarters, the Reagan Ranch Center, and elsewhere.
- Managing the administrative aspects of the program, including conducting general correspondence, scheduling speakers at seminars and on campuses, and completing other tasks as necessary.
- Building relationships with students who attend CEFE programs, and ensuring they are fully integrated into the Foundation’s overall network and have the resources they need to be successful advocates for free market ideas at their schools.
- Working with the director to market CEFE to attract new students and speakers.
- Drafting and compiling reports on CEFE activities to be shared with the broader Foundation team, supporters, and key stakeholders.
- Building a strong database of free market allies (professors, speakers, business owners, alumni, etc.) who can help grow CEFE.
- Filling in for the director as necessary.
- Speaking at CEFE and general Foundation programs as assigned, often sharing your own story of YAF involvement.
The candidate should have a passion for advancing the free enterprise system among young people and be comfortable working in an environment that promotes traditional values and a strong national defense. The candidate will be expected to work with and coordinate with the broader Foundation team and leadership.
A minimum of:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Excellent communication and presentation skills, including:
a.The ability to discuss strategic and financial issues.
b. Strong public speaking skills and a willingness to represent the Center as a speaker at Foundation programs and other outside events as necessary.
c. Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills.
d. The ability to write reports on the progress of the Center for supporters, the Board, and management.
3. Knowledge of the free enterprise system and a passion for advancing Young America’s Foundation’s overall mission.
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
Send cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, salary history, and a writing sample (encouraged but not required) to*:
Jessica Jensen, Chief of Staff
Young America’s Foundation
11480 Commerce Park Drive
Reston, Virginia 20191
*Incomplete applications (i.e., those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.