The finals crunch is on and summer is just around the corner, but don’t forget to take care of your YAF chapter before you leave campus for the summer!
- Plan your 9/11 Never Forget Project. September 11thcomes quicker than you might expect it to. This year marks the 15th anniversary of the terrorist attacks, so start brainstorming ways to commemorate and honor the lives lost. Many times you need special permission from your university to place these flags in the ground.
- Notify YAF of leadership changes and make sure you have someone to take over your chapter if you are graduating. Use this summer as a time to train your new executive board.
- Have a final meeting celebrating your club’s accomplishment, and to set goals for next year.
- Sign up for a summer conference! We have the National Conservative Student Conference, National High School Leadership Conference, YAF Activist Training, and two Reagan Ranch High School Conferences.
- The summer is a great time to revamp your social media. While you might not be able to meet as a group, having a plan to keep social media active is a great way for your members to stay engaged.
- Re-register your club with your high school or college for the following school year.
- Sign up for campus activities fair, so you can be ready to recruit new members in the fall! Start designing fliers specific to your YAF chapter on campus, and contact me if you need more materials.
- It’s never too early to plan your next speaker. Contact Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org, to get a head start. We have the Fred R Allen, Wendy P. McCaw, and Shengold lecture series available to help you bring in a conservative speaker!
- Create an activism calendar for the fall semester with a schedule of activism projects you want to do, and who will take the lead in organizing each one.
- Figure out funding procedures for the upcoming semester, and apply early if you can!
Putting in a little work and crossing these items off your to-do list now will ensure your club is ready to hit the ground running next fall.