FOR IMMEADIATE RELEASE
June 29, 2011
Miss America 2011 to Speak to High School Conservatives
Students from Across the Country Gather in Washington, D.C., to Learn about Conservatism and Ronald Reagan.
HERNDON, VA – In an age where the Atlantic reports that the Obama administration is losing coolness among America’s youth, Young America’s Foundation’s National High School Leadership Conference—the only and longest-running event of its kind—will unite conservative high school students near the nation’s capital to learn about how principled ideas, not flashy Washingtonians, are what make America cool.
The Foundation will host more than 100 high school students from 25 states at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland, from July 6 to July 9 to hear from prominent conservative speakers about the application and relevance of Ronald Reagan’s ideals.
One of the most anticipated speakers at this year’s conference is Miss America 2011 Teresa Scanlan, who at age 17 became the youngest Miss America pageant winner since 1933. Miss Scanlan plans to share her thoughts on the importance of faith and American family values.
Other exciting speakers at this year’s conference include:
· Bay Buchanan, president, The American Cause
· Patrick Coyle, vice president, Young America’s Foundation
· Dr. Jerry Davis, president, College of the Ozarks
· Burt Folsom, best-selling author and professor at Hillsdale College
· Congressman Andy Harris, Maryland
· Paul Kengor, author of God and Ronald Reagan
· Jason Mattera, editor, Human Events
· Congressman Patrick McHenry, North Carolina
· Deroy Murdock, columnist, Scripps Howard News Service and Hoover Institution Fellow
· Kate Obenshain, vice president, Young America’s Foundation
· Larry Schweikart, best-selling author of Seven Events That Made America America
· Kirby Wilbur, chairman, Washington GOP and director, Young America’s Foundation
Other speakers are also scheduled to speak throughout the conference. A full schedule of events can be requested by calling Young America’s Foundation at (800) USA-1776.
For further information or to request an interview or press credentials, please call Ron Meyer at
Young America’s Foundation is an educational organization promoting conservative ideas on our nation’s campuses through lectures, publications, and conferences. During the last year, the Foundation sponsored more than 600 lectures, including addresses by Governor Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter, Karl Rove, Ben Stein, and Steve Forbes. In 1998, Young America’s Foundation saved the Reagan Ranch, and with the Reagan Ranch Center in downtown Santa Barbara, uses it to educate young people about Reagan’s ideas. To learn more, visit www.yaf.org.