Epic FAIL: Obama’s Policies Disastrous for Young People
January 22, 2010
Bloomberg Room, National Press Club
On January 22, 2010, at the National Press Club, leading conservative youth voices will speak out on how Obama’s policies are harming and will continue to harm young people. The “youth vote” was Obama’s largest base of support throughout the 2008 presidential cycle. He won that demographic by a margin of two-to-one. But now, after he has been in office for one year, many young people are experiencing buyer’s remorse.
Michelle Oddis, assistant managing editor at Human Events
Flagg Youngblood, Army veteran and served as director of military outreach for Young America’s Foundation
Lisa DePasquale, director of the Conservative Political Action Conference, the largest conservative gathering in the country
Robert Bluey, director of the Center for Media & Public Policy at the Heritage Foundation
Jason Mattera, the spokesman for Young America’s Foundation
This event will take place at the National Press Club,
in the Bloomberg Room, at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, January 22. It is open to the press. Contact Jason Mattera at 800-USA-1776 for more information.
President Obama’s favorability ratings amongst young people continue to drop, and it’s not hard to see why.
- Record unemployment: soaring past 20 percent, and with no end in sight
- Generational theft: spending sprees that are snowballing into never-before-seen deficits, topping $1 trillion a year for the next 10 years
- The campaign for socialized medicine: a government takeover of our health-care system that will cause premiums to skyrocket and redistribute wealth from young to old
- Antipathy towards terrorism: decision to treat enemy combatants as common criminals and a feckless attitude toward the threats of radical Islam
- Foreign policy weakness: bowing down before dictators and apologizing on behalf of America to foreign leaders
Rather than “hope” and “change,” Barack Obama has given us liberalism warmed over. Young people stand to be the biggest losers from his radical agenda, and they are speaking out. Their future is at risk.