Recommended Reading List
The following is a list of books which will help you on your way to becoming a more well-rounded journalist, as well as a student of media, culture and the philosophies of liberty and free-market capitalism.
A portion of the sale of the books purchased through our website help to support the National Journalism Center and Young America's Foundation.
1. The Law by Frederic Bastiat
2. The Theme is Freedom: Religion, Politics and the American Tradition by M. Stanton Evans
3. The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich Hayek
4. The End of Prosperity: How Higher Taxes Will Doom the Economy—If We Let It Happen by Arthur B. Laffer, Stephen Moore & Peter Tanous
5. The Prince of Darkness: 50 Years Reporting in Washington by Robert D. Novak
6. A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles by Thomas Sowell
7. Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind by Tim Groseclose
8. The Curmudgeons Guide to Getting Ahead by Charles Murray
9. Writing Right for Broadcast and Internet News by Sharyl Attkisson and Don Vaughan
10. Partisan Journalism by Jim A. Kuypers
11. Press Bias and Politics - How the Media frame Controversial Issues by James A. Kuypers
12. The Writer's Art by James Kilpatrick
13. The Writer's Workshop by Gregory Roper