FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 28, 2011
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT RON MEYER (804) 867-7832, CELLULAR, (800) USA-1776, OFFICE
Marco Rubio, Jim DeMint, Mike Lee, Allen West, Jim Jordan, and Ann Coulter Highlight National Conservative Student Conference
As youth unemployment hits historic heights, young people have growing reasons to be conservative.
HERNDON, VA – Young America’s Foundation (YAF) will host the rising leaders in the Conservative Movement—including Senators Marco Rubio, Jim DeMint, and Mike Lee; Congressmen Allen West and Jim Jordan; and author Ann Coulter—to speak at the National Conservative Student Conference.
The conference to be held at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. from August 1 to 6 is a part of Young America’s Foundation’s Reagan 100 celebration, a year-long initiative honoring President Reagan’s 100th birthday. Conference speakers will relate Reagan’s principles to young people.
Youth unemployment has reached a 30-year high at 17.3 percent under the Obama Administration. Under President Reagan, who won the youth vote in 1984 by 20 percent, youth unemployment fell over five percent. As the Obama Administration’s job approval plummets among young people, America’s youth seek an alternative to today’s job-killing policies.
Below are some of speakers scheduled for this year’s conference:
· Senator Marco Rubio, Florida
· Senator Jim DeMint, South Carolina
· Senator Mike Lee, Utah
· Congressman Allen West, Florida
· Congressman Jim Jordan, Ohio
· Ann Coulter, #1 NY Times bestselling author
· Tim Goeglein, vice president, Focus on the Family
· Dr. Burt Folsom, bestselling author
· Dr. Robert George, Princeton professor
· Jason Mattera, editor, Human Events
· Stephen Moore, Wall Street Journal
· Dinesh D’Souza, NY Times bestselling author
· Bay Buchanan, US Treasurer
· Jonah Goldberg, #1 NY Times bestselling author
· Charles Payne, host, Fox Business Network
· Marc Thiessen, chief Bush speechwriter
· Stephen Hayes, Fox News Panelist
· James O’Keefe, investigative journalist
· Dana Loesch, conservative radio host
· KT McFarland, Fox News defense analyst
· Joseph Phillips, actor and author
· Rich Lowry, editor, National Review
Additional speakers will be added to the schedule to speak throughout the conference. An updated schedule of events can be requested by calling Young America’s Foundation at (800) USA-1776.
For further information or to request an interview or press credentials, please call Ron Meyer at